Application deadline midday 30 December
Due to unexpected circumstances Second Hand Dance is urgently looking for a Stage Manager for its National tour of a new dance show, Getting Dressed, for children 4+ and their families
PERIOD OF ENGAGMENT
23 January until 2 May 2017
Interviews: 4 January, London
Expressions of Interest: No later than midday 30th December
Please submit your CV and a short statement, no more than 500 words, detailing why you are interested in working on the project to:
Claire Summerfield, Producer
A new dance show for children and their families
Getting Dressed delves into the movement and humour of clothes; how you put them on, take them off, share them and express yourself, your identity, your gender…And, get stuck in them. Getting dressed by yourself is a huge milestone as a child; it shows independence, technical capability, maturity and the identity we choose to present to the wider world. Made for 4–7 year olds and their families Getting Dressed subtly challenges the conventions, peer pressures and popular culture influences children encounter when starting school. A highly visual, dance based full length work.
Second Hand Dance
Second Hand Dance makes highly visual dance performances, collaborating with dancers, visual artists and the public to produce joyful, inspirational shows for children and adults that hold the audience experience at its centre. The work is often socially engaged, subtly participatory and presented in theatres, galleries, libraries and outdoor spaces.
Rosie Heafford is a performance maker and director/choreographer based in England. After graduating Trinity Laban with a degree in Dance Theatre, she went on to study at Goldsmiths College specialising in Participatory Theatre. Rosie was shortlisted for the Arts Foundation Award for Children’s Theatre (2016).
The Stage Manager is responsible for:
- Advising and supporting the creative team as required.
- Working closely with all members of the creative and technical team to realise the production and tour.
- Producing a financial record & receipts for allocated budgets in an agreed format as requested.
- Supporting the production manager in the fit-up/rig and strike of set, LX, & sound for rehearsal purposes
- Creating an annotation of rehearsals or ‘prompt book’. This can be in written or video form as agreed with the choreographer
- Be responsible for the creation of the cue sheet
- Working with the Production Manager to facilitate the smooth technical running of performances
- Working with the Production Manager on the fit-up/rig and strike of set, LX, & sound of all performances,
- To undertake driving of set, LX and sound equipment for all dates of the tour (a full, clean licence is required)
- To be available during the run of the production to deal with matters arising
1. REHEARSAL PERIOD: £450 per week x 3 wks - TOTAL: £1,350
A: £450.00 per week x 6 weeks – TOTAL: £2,700
Weeks beginning 13 – 19 Feb, 2 – 9 March, 11- 12 and 18 - 20 March (split week) 4 – 9 April, 18 – 23 April, 26 April – 2 May.
B: £250 for the 24-25 February
1. Relocation costs and per diems:
a) Where accommodation is provided – £117 per week
b) Where accommodation is not provided - £212 per week
We anticipate Second Hand Dance will provide accommodation for the creation period.
1. Touring Allowance - £283.00 per week x 6 weeks
Weeks beginning 13 – 19 February, 2 – 9 March , 11- 12 and 18 - 20 March (split week) 4 – 9 April, 18 – 23 April, 26 April – 2 May .
2. 24- 25 February: An appropriate pro rata allowance, either £90 for one overnight stay or £147 for 2 overnight stays including per diems
1. Creation Period
a) Reimbursement / cover of the cost of one standard class return trip from home to creation base i.e. Nottingham, Eastleigh and Bournemouth or petrol at 30p per mile
2. Touring Period: Travel during the touring period will either be
a) Via Splitter Van with the full company
b) Via van with production team
This is a freelance role, providing services to the Company and will not be entitled to paid holiday, sick pay or any other employment benefits and will be responsible for their own tax and national insurance contributions. All payments above are inclusive of VAT if applicable.